Dogg's Droppings

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Stretchdogg 1 - 405 Freeway 0

I guess the next 99 times I head south on the 405 are marked for disaster, but yesterday I scored. Entering that fateful never-never land where decisions must be made, the 101 was backed-up big-time, and I heard about an accident with a car facing the wrong way on the 101 south, so I took a huge chance and selected the 405 south.

Got over the little grade to see what my immediate future would be... and voila! Only the lightest of traffic on the 405. Well how long could this last? Where would the stopage begin? I climbed the hill to the top of Sepulveda pass, still no problems. Headed down the hill, past what would normally be UCLA traffic, still no problems. At this point, there were more cars, for sure, but nothing even approaching bad traffic. I slid over to the righthand lanes, as I needed to take the 10 East.

Uh oh, the big giant curving on-ramp to the 10, was backed-up. Hmmm, haven't had that experience before. Did they have a traffic light slowing entrance to the 10? Turns out, no. Just a lot of cars. The 10 was fairly busy, a good amount of back-up, so I decided to exit at La Cienega, head south to Rodeo, then a left towards the Coliseum. Entire trip from the valley, about 50 minutes. My day was definitely starting on the right foot.

Side streets all the way to the Coliseum. About five miles. A snap. And a hell of a football game. Trojans finally made a statement in clobbering Oregon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home