Dogg's Droppings

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sox Sox Sox Sox

I'm afraid the season might be ending for the Sox. They are my favorite team, just kind of by chance.

Three years ago, I started watching the mlb package on DirecTV and found the Sox games infatuating. The whole Fenway mystique, Orsillo and Remy, and the fact that they won the World Series the first year I was a fan. How lucky is that? No 86 years of suffering for me!

I always travel east every summer, and managed to get a ticket to one game two years ago. Visiting Fenway totally hooked me. A game at Fenway is like one large family party. It seems like you know everyone in the park.

One year ago, I saw a three game series. This past June, I saw another three game series, in between lots of rain. The Friday night game, rain began in the 7th inning, which wasn't a big problem. Saturday already had a make-up game scheduled from a previous rainout. My game was scheduled for 8 pm. Of course it rained all day, people in the park for the early game had to wait 6 hours until it cleared enough for their game to start. My game, was rained out, so I had all day to wonder if/when it would be rescheduled? This was especially important because I had a seat in the 4th row, smack behind home plate. I know I will never have a seat that good again in my lifetime, so I was crushed that the game was rained out.

For six hours, I listened to WEEI, to find out what they were going to do. First the game was rescheduled for September. Then the Rangers said they weren't going to make a special trip back (again) to play that game. Thank you, Rangers.

Once the first game finally started, someone finally figured out they should play a doubleheader on Sunday, and that could be done, without losing TV money to ESPN. My Saturday night game would be played Sunday at noon. The second game would start at 5. Short turnaround, but it all worked out. I was pretty darn happy, and lucky. The above picture I took from my seat. Ortiz hit a walk-off homer! David Ortiz is having an incredible year. I hope he wins the MVP. He is clutch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home